Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Tuesday, October 18

A Dream & Temporary Leave

I apologize for the silence, folks. I have experienced another one of my temporal dreams, and, due to the extensive nature of this experience, I have been ordered to spend 1-2 weeks away from my PAO duties, in order to recover, and get my head straight. Lieutenant Jessica Reagan (previously in command of the DS9 Public Affairs Office, and now unassigned, after evacuating DS9) is filling in for me (i.e., my other duties), while I am on leave. Thankfully, it has been an uneventful week aboard Enterprise Station, with very little news to report.

I hate being away from the office – as most of you know, and I hate being unable to share my time with all of you, however, going to sleep one night, and living someone else’s life for twelve years (during that night of sleep) can be a bit disconcerting. Especially when those twelve years included a wedding, a wife, and the birth of two children.

I’m doing okay, though, despite missing that family. They lived 360 years ago, and are now long gone, but the memories I have of them will stay with me for the rest of my life. I may have been someone else for 12 years; I may have been famous – doing something else that I love, for nearly as long, but my life is still here, in 2369. I’ll be back in the office later this week. I’m planning to put on my Starfleet uniform again for my Thursday duty shift. I will likely write about my temporal experience, and share some of the joys and challenges at that time.

I’m sorry that I could not be with you these past 1-2 weeks. I’ve had dozens of temporal dreams since our escape from the Devron Anomaly. This is the first time that the events of a dream have lasted for years. After this dream, I definitely need to figure out why this is happening to me.

I hope everyone is having a great week. I’ll see you again on Thursday.

-Lieutenant Commander Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
October 18, 2369 – (Devron Timeline 3.0)