Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Friday, November 25

Lieutenant Jessica Reagan


With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us, and me settling into my new role as head public affairs officer, here, on Enterprise Station, I think it’s time that I officially introduce myself. My name is Jessica Leigh Reagan. I hold the rank of Lieutenant, in Starfleet, and I am 27 years old.

I was born in Nashville, Tennessee, USA, on Earth. My father owns a furniture store in downtown Nashville, and my mother is a local nurse. I have an older brother, Jacob, who is also serving in Starfleet – as a security officer, and I have two younger sisters, Lana, and Rachel. Lana is married, and is a stay-at-home mom; Rachel is a civilian historian.

I am a Christian, and was raised by Christian parents. I love soccer – I played on the 2364 women’s national championship team while I was at Starfleet Academy, I am an avid runner (you’ll probably see me running the corridors of Enterprise Station most mornings), I heart Country Music, I love to watch Earth movies, and me and my digital camera are completely inseparable. I, also, absolutely adore the history and culture of the Bajoran people.

I attended Starfleet Academy from 2361-2365, and majored in Counseling and Psychology. I graduated with high honors, which allowed me to attend Exocultural Relations School (for six weeks), and gave me additional training in first contact situations. I was assigned, as a junior counselor, to the USS Magellan (Galaxy-class starship) for two years, followed by a one-year assignment to Deep Space 3. A friendship with one of the starbase’s Public Affairs officers, inspired me to transfer back to Earth and attend Public Affairs Training. After another year, serving at a Starfleet facility on Earth, I was promoted to the rank of Lieutenant, and assigned to Deep Space 9. When DS9 was evacuated (and renamed Bajor Station), I found myself here, aboard Enterprise Station. When Lieutenant Commander Sam Archer disappeared, I was assigned to replace him.

Of course, I can never truly “replace” Lieutenant Commander Archer – those are some big shoes to fill. A cultural celebrity, movie actor, book author, holodesigner, the only survivor of the Devron Anomaly who remembers the entire incident, and, apparently, a man who could time travel in his dreams. Big, big shoes. I will certainly do my best to assume the position he left behind, but his reputation is beyond match. I hope Mr. Archer is in a happy place, somewhere. He will be missed – most of all by Lieutenant Kensingon’s pet cat, Mia, it seems -- but we must move forward.

I will honor Lieutenant Commander Archer’s memory, as best I can, and I hope to represent this fine starbase, at the wormhole, with just as much dedication. Here’s to the future. May it be kind to this unexpected starbase, named Enterprise, and the fine crew that gives her life and meaning.

-Lieutenant Jessica Reagan

-------------------------------------------------------------
November 25, 2369 – (Devron Timeline 3.0)