Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Tuesday, February 8

Down In The Terra Nova

I like being back in my runabout again. It’s been a while – at least it feels that way. My sleeping area, down here, may be little more than a closet (runabout quarters consist of a bed and standing room), but beyond the hull of the Terra Nova is a vast, beautiful “Wisconsin” forest. Unspoiled Earth wilderness – birds, deer, and summer breezes. Just like home -- although, in the real Wisconsin – on the real Earth – it’s actually still winter right now. February is a cold month. I bet my family is dealing with snow and ice. I, myself, prefer the warmth. I’ll gladly take THIS Wisconsin weather any day.

Since I’m on medical observation status, I won’t be joining the teams exploring the Liberty saucer until at least the weekend. My initial duties, now that I’m back in the field, are logistical, with a side of historical research. Having my runabout office to work from comes in handy. I’m digging through data salvaged from the USS Liberty computer, and cross-referencing that with history from the Enterprise, to see if I can help shed some light on the fate of the Liberty crew. So far, with only a day’s research, I am unable to share my early findings. But, with my research, and the findings of the others on this team, we may be forming a workable theory.

I don’t have anything new to report, from the other teams across the planet, but I’ll see what I can put together. I’m sure we aren’t the only team turning up additional pieces to this puzzle.

This Earth is a fascinating planet -- far more appealing than the previous apocalyptic Earth 2 we explored. There are no signs of a civilization-ending pandemic here, however, the missing inhabitants -- the survivors -- does remain a curious mystery, and one that I, for one, feel compelled to solve.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
February 8, 2368 – (Devron Timeline w/ Temporal War Reset)