Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Wednesday, December 23

In Port For Christmas

The Enterprise will be docked at Sherman’s Planet for a few more days. Admiral Josiah Behnke, the Admiral in charge of Starfleet’s presence in this system, has asked the Enterprise to remain here though Christmas, and has invited the senior staff (and select command personnel) to attend his annual Sherman’s Ball Christmas formal on Sunday.

As the Public Affairs department head, I am among those invited. I have also learned that Admiral Behnke is a fan of my writing and acting work, so I anticipate a little celebrity treatment as well.

I have been encouraged to bring a plus-one to this event, so I let the women of the PAO draw straws for the chance to accompany me. Cassie Queen drew the short straw, but gave it to Tessa Kensington, once she discovered how eager Tessa was to attend a formal event. As a result, it looks like Tessa and I will be attending Admiral Behnke’s civilian-formal event on Sunday night. Time to dust off my best suit.

In regard to mission orders, the Enterprise has been assigned to transfer some very important cargo to our next assignment, so, after Christmas, we will be loaded, and sent on our way. I cannot share specifics on our transport destination, at this time – for security reasons, but I can say that it is non-living cargo, and it is necessary for a project Starfleet is engaged in.

For the time-being, though, it’s Christmas... and the Enterprise will be spending it in port. To be completely honest, I think we all drew the lucky straw for a change. Happy Holidays, everyone!

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
December 23, 2365 -- (Original Devron Timeline, altered by temporal anomaly)