Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Friday, December 11

An Altered Anomaly


Earlier today, a strange anomaly appeared near the Enterprise. It was there for a few minutes, and then it disappeared. Lieutenant Commander Data classified it as a possible time displacement, but was unable to gather enough data to make a stronger assessment. Scans also indicated the presence of another ship – possibly Starfleet. The vessel was only there for a moment, before it too disappeared. Close visual scrutiny suggests that the vessel may have been an Ambassador-class starship, but it wasn’t present long enough to identify.

With the ship and anomaly gone now, we are left with a mystery... what did we witness, and why was it only visible for a few minutes?

On a personal level, I would have to agree with Lieutenant Commander Data. I think we did, indeed, experience some sort of temporal phenomena. As many of you know, I have frequent dreams – at night -- in which I experience the lives and moments of others from the past. My counselor(s) have confirmed these experiences, and believe they may be a result of our time in the Devron Anomaly two years ago. They have suggested that I may have developed a sixth sense related to temporal phenomena – amplified by my experience traveling through “The Guardian of Forever”.

Ever since today’s anomaly, I feel as though we may have experienced another temporal anomaly – perhaps even something related to an alternate universe. The only other person to express similar feelings is our El-Aurian Ten Forward manager, Guinan. She and I have talked, and while she doesn’t remember any details of an alternate experience, to me, things remain, as if from a fading dream. I feel as though we were all aboard a militarized version of the Enterprise, during a war with the Romulans, or Klingons – one of those two species -- and then... we were here again, normal, and at peace.

The thing is, though, I don’t feel as if everything is the same as it used to be. Some things – little things – don’t feel right. I’ve talked to Captain Picard about this, and he expressed sympathy and concern, however, with no physical evidence of anything being different, he believes I merely had a sensory moment related to today’s anomaly. I’ve given my statement, and life goes on. Still, we experienced something today that, I think, was more significant than an unexplained anomaly.

I just don’t know what that “significant” is yet.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
December 11, 2365 -- (Original Devron Timeline, altered by temporal anomaly)