Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Tuesday, May 10

Into The Unknown


Things aboard the Enterprise have become far worse.

I don’t know how, but the crew of the Enterprise are growing younger – not just in appearance, but behavior as well. Most of them no longer remember the past five years (going back to at least 2358). As their bodies become younger, they lose the memory engrams created during those disappearing ages. Confusion is spreading rapidly as individuals lose all memory of being assigned the Enterprise – some don’t even remember being assigned to earlier ships and assignments. Others think, look, and act like they are Starfleet cadets all over again.

Honestly, I’m completely dumfounded. This – what we’re experiencing right now – is physically impossible. It can’t happen. Biology doesn’t allow it. People do not de-age. Yet, here, aboard the Enterprise, it IS happening. People are changing – growing younger. I have no explanation, other than to point to the Devron Anomaly. Maybe “anti-time” is real. If it is, God help us!

As I sit here recording this, I’m affected too, although, I don’t seem to be experiencing any memory loss. I do feel younger and more energetic, though, and I’ve lost the scars gained when I survived the destruction of the USS Valdemar (Ambassador-class) in 2358 – my first ship assignment. I feel like I’m in my 20s…. but I’m 35 years old.

This shouldn’t be happening.

Thankfully, Captain Picard did see the bigger picture. He ordered the Enterprise to disengage the inverse tachyon beam, and we backed the ship away from the anomaly. I think that may have slowed the changes down for a few minutes. Unfortunately, he then changed his mind, and ordered the Enterprise to move INTO the anomaly -- to head for the direct center of this whole disturbance. I can’t imagine what this will do to our already fragile and de-aging crew.

The Bridge crew has reported their intention to establish a “static warp shell” around the ship, but they can only do so in the center of the anomaly. Lieutenant Commander Data believes this should seal the phenomena, and, according to his positronic calculations, re-balance time and “anti-time”. I have my doubts, but that may just be my newfound youth talking.

Oh, wait… I just received an image from the Bridge…. What!? There are two other ships inside the anomaly with us? Both of them are Galaxy-class starships, and both of them are the USS Enterprise…. NCC-1701-D. Mirrored reflections? Alternate universes?

Oh… Dear God!

We’ve just crossed the midway point to the center… [static]… The ship is shaking -- violently. Objects are falling off my desk. I feel light-headed….

It’s happening. Oh crap! It’s happening! We’re going to…. [static]

[communication terminated]
[channel lost]


-------------------------------------------------------------
May 10, 2363 – (Devron Timeline 3.0)