Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Wednesday, August 19

USS Enterprise-D: A Drydock Update


The Enterprise remains in drydock above the Federation colony world of Qualor III. By my estimates, at least half of the crew has left the ship, on shore leave, and is either visiting the Human settlements on Qualor III, playing tourist on the Zakdorn homeworld of Tamatal (Qualor II), or spending time in the hospitality and entertainment decks aboard the drydock. That leaves the corridors of the Enterprise quiet and empty.

The attached photo, taken earlier today, shows a normally busy corridor on deck 9, abandoned, except for one lone officer resting in a lounge area. He seemed to be deep in thought, so I chose not to interrupt him. Perhaps he was contemplating how to spend his free time?

As far as my own activities, this past weekend, I, and a few other crew members, toured the massive Surplus Depot Z15 in orbit of Tamatal. It was a fascinating experience, filled with all sorts of ship designs, some of which very few people have ever seen. I may be going back there in a few days – to go shuttle shopping. I do have a destroyed shuttle to replace, after all. And if it has similar dimensions to the “Eagle”, it has an approved parking spot in Shuttlebay 3.

I was asked to take a few photos of our ship tour, however, for security reasons, my photo options were limited, and I am not permitted to post them here. I did take some shots of the landed ships, however, and I may share those on my personal Facebook page at some point.

In the meantime, maintenance upgrades continue aboard the Enterprise, and, I can now report, a few new facilities are being installed as well. These include a new swimming center and indoor athletic field, in the original (but never used) aquatic bays on the lower decks of the saucer. One of the civilian lounges on deck 10 is also being remodeled, a few labs are being installed, and a number of ship systems are gaining new programming modules. I believe there is also some work being done on the vertical cargo elevators on the port and starboard sides of the saucer.

All-in-all, things are quiet aboard the Big E -- maintenance, shore leave, and a skeleton crew during most shifts. Drydock business as usual.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
August 19, 2365 -- (Original Devron Timeline)