Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Thursday, July 23

A Beautiful Command Center


I visited the Bridge today for a briefing with Captain Picard and Commander Riker. On my way out of the Captain’s ready room, I stopped for a minute to view my surroundings. I bet I’m not alone when I say, I think the USS Enterprise-D has one of the most beautiful command centers that I have ever seen.

I took this photo many months ago, but the Bridge hasn’t changed since then. I’m always fascinated by the colors, the lights, and the sounds of this room. Most people don’t get to see a starship’s command Bridge, since they lack the necessary command clearance. I’m not a Bridge officer myself – I have not been assigned to a station here, but I am a department head, and that grants me access for administrative purposes. I’m still awestruck every time I go up there.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
July 23, 2365 -- (Original Devron Timeline)