Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Thursday, November 21

Public Affairs Database Upgrade

Well, friends, I won't be able to share my usual post tonight, because the Public Affairs Office is receiving a database upgrade. Our office systems, as well as this communications channel, will be silent into the evening so that the upgrade can be processed, and our computer operations can be reset. You will still see our Facebook page on your end -- we aren't going anywhere, we just won't be able to access this channel, here, aboard the Enterprise.

I'll be back tomorrow, as usual, with some more Enterprise mission news. If all goes well, I might even be back earlier -- during the late hours of Beta Shift.

This process is not going to affect the rest of the ship, it only affects our PAO systems. It is part of a staggered upgrade schedule for a number of department databases aboard the Enterprise.

My sincere apologies for the sudden announcement. I remain hopeful that these upgrades will address a few lingering issues that have been plaguing our database since the Enterprise was restarted above Iconia (to remove the Iconian computer virus).

I hope your day is a blessed one. I'll see you again once this process is complete.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
November 21, 2364 -- (Original Devron Timeline)