Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Friday, July 5

Through the Eyes of Edith Keeler

Well, that was interesting. Witnessing the death of someone else, through their eyes, is not something I’d wish on anyone. But, I’m back, I’m rested, and I have been cleared for duty. Thank you to Lieutenant JG Tessa Kensington for filling in for me on Wednesday, and keeping all of you updated. She’s a good officer. We are blessed to have her on staff here in the Enterprise-D Public Affairs Office.

Over the past two days, Tessa, and, I suppose, by extension, myself, have received a few questions about the validity of my dream. As you know, while I was sleeping Wednesday morning, I experienced a few days through the eyes of a social worker named, Edith, in 1930s New York City on Earth. While most of the dream was pleasant, it ended abruptly when I, as Edith, fell down the stairs in her apartment building. She died suddenly, and quite painfully. I woke up the moment after she took her last breath.

I did some research into the historical archives -- to see if this disturbing dream had any connection to real events. Previously, I had experienced events aboard the HMS Titanic on its successful maiden voyage, and those turned out to reflect real events. As it turns out, there is reality to this Edith dream as well. According to records, there was a 34-year-old woman named, Edith Keeler (the same name from my dream), who was a social worker in the late 1920s in New York City on Earth. She ran a facility on 21st Street that provided food and care for the homeless during the Great Depression. She died on November 13, 1930, when she fell down the stairs in her apartment building and broke her neck. She was a real person, whom I knew nothing about before Wednesday. My experiences match the historical records.

Apparently, it would seem that I have the ability to connect to the lives of other people, in the past. So far, I’ve witnessed past events through the eyes of two strangers -- while I was sleeping. The medical professionals I’ve talked to have never seen or heard of anything like this. They think it might be a result of our interactions within the Devron Anomaly – an “afterimage” of the temporal incident this ship went though.

I don’t know if this is going to happen again, where it’s going to happen, or when, but if it does, I sincerely hope my experiences are a lot less…. final. Edith Keeler was a real person. I witnessed her death – through her eyes. That’s not something you forget.

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
July 5, 2364 -- (Original Devron Timeline)