Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Thursday, May 9

The Dangers of Anti-Time


Things aboard the Enterprise have become far worse.

I don’t know how, but numerous individuals DO appear to be getting younger – not just in appearance, behavior as well. Many of them don’t even seem to remember the last 2-3 years. Confusion is rapidly spreading as crewmembers “forget” why they are aboard the Enterprise, others are acting entirely out of character, and those who remain least effected, struggle to maintain order in the face of so much uncertainty.

Honestly, I am completely dumfounded. This – what we’re experiencing right now – is physically impossible. It can’t happen. Physics doesn’t allow it. Creation doesn’t allow it. People do not de-age. Yet, here aboard the Enterprise, it IS happening. People are changing…. I have no explanation other than to point at the anomaly. Maybe “anti-time” really is a thing.

As I sit here recording this, I think I’m affected too, although, I don’t seem to be experiencing any memory loss. My memories haven’t disappeared. I do feel a little younger and more energetic, though – maybe two years. Possibly three. I feel like I’m in my 20s…. but I’m 35 years old.

I don’t... this shouldn’t be happening.

Thankfully, Captain Picard did see the bigger picture. He ordered the Enterprise to disengage the inverse tachyon beam, and we backed away from the anomaly. I think that may have slowed the effects of the anomaly – at least for a time. Unfortunately, he then changed his mind, and ordered the Enterprise to move closer to the anomaly again, enter its perimeter, and head for the direct center. I don’t understand... the direct center of the anomaly?

The command crew reports their intention to establish a “static warp shell” around the ship – but they have to do it…. in the center of the anomaly. Lieutenant Commander Data believes this should seal the phenomena…. and re-balance time and “anti-time”.

Wait… this image just came from the Bridge…. there are two other ships inside the anomaly with us. Both of them are Galaxy-class starships? …Both of them are…. [static].... the Enterprise?

What? This is....

Oh, boy…. [static]…. we’ve just crossed the midway point to the center…. [static].... ship is shaking violently. Objects are falling off my desk. I feel light-headed….

Oh, dear Lord…. [static]… It’s happening…. We’re at…

[communication terminated]
[channel lost]

-------------------------------------------------------------
May 9, 2363 -- (Original Devron Timeline // Devron Timeline w/ Temporal War Reset)