Public Affairs Officer Profiles:
Sam Archer   |   Tessa Kensington   |   Cassie Queen   |||   ABOUT OUR STORY

Tuesday, February 5

Greetings From The USS Enterprise-D


Alright, it’s February 5, 2363. Greetings from the USS Enterprise-D – the fourth Galaxy-class starship in Starfleet. My name is Lieutenant Samuel John Archer (although, you can call me Sam). I have been assigned to serve as one of the officers in the USS Enterprise Public Affairs Office. At the moment, I am the first person assigned to this department, although, I do anticipate at least two more officers joining me in the weeks to come.

My job will be to maintain both this blog, and the USS Enterprise Facebook page, and keep you, and the rest of the Federation, updated on the missions and adventures of this great starship. My future colleagues will fill the other responsibilities within this department (although, I’m sure you’ll get to know them over time as well).

At the moment, the Enterprise is docked at McKinley Station orbiting Earth.

In terms of timeline, the USS Enterprise was launched from drydock above Mars back on November 24 (2362 – last year), and after a few shakedown deployments in the outer Solar System, she was transferred here to McKinley Station. I arrived on board four days ago. As of today, we are in the final stages of completion before being commissioned into the fleet on March 10. Between now and then, our final ship systems will be installed, our crew will be assigned, and we’ll find out who Starfleet Command has chosen as our captain and senior staff.

For now, though, we are live, and I will begin posting regular updates. I will be sharing news about our crew as they are assigned, information about our mission, a look at some of the physics behind space travel and the technology we use, even a photo tour of the Enterprise. I am excited to be assigned here, and I hope my posts bring you a little joy as well.

In addition to our Facebook Page, you are also invited to visit our Facebook Fan Group. You’ll be able to interact with other fans of the Enterprise-D, ask behind-the-scenes questions, and learn more about who we are and what we do. We aim to be as social and interactive as possible, and we would love to have you join us as we go where no one has gone before.

Welcome to the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D!

-Lieutenant Sam Archer

-------------------------------------------------------------
February 5, 2363 -- (Original Devron Timeline // Devron Timeline w/ Temporal War Reset)
(Devron Timeline 3.0 // Devron Prime Timeline)